the byte community forums

Back together + beta test rerun

Our team has been getting back to work after some time away to process the loss of Jacob. Although it’s strange to be back in the office that we all shared, we’re beginning to address some important open questions and plan the future of our company.

Jacob was our dear friend, a truly singular human, and one of the most talented engineers we’ve ever worked with. His work (and craftsmanship) is all over the app we’ve been building. We’re left with a huge chasm in our hearts, but also a new resolve to honor his memory by pushing ahead to byte’s release and making sure it’s worthy of our friend.

We’re not able to say yet how this will affect the release date, but we’re determined not to lose momentum, both as a team and together with you as a community. Our company’s focus right now is hiring to make sure we have the right team in place to pick up where we left off. Before the break, we were full steam ahead fixing bugs and readying new features for beta test #3. That’s now been delayed, but we’ll continue to keep you updated on our progress. The deliberation on new moderators was another task interrupted by the break, so we’ll be returning to that as well. In the coming days and weeks we’ll also be sharing some details relating to the creators program. There’s a LOT to look forward to and we’ll get there together.

Also, don’t know about you guys, but we could use a little fun! That’s why we’ve decided to rerun beta test #2 this upcoming Thursday through the weekend. Let’s call it…test #2.5? (Big fans of the .5’s around here apparently.) Although bug fixes and new features are not part of this test (it’s the exact same version of the app as last time), we hope we can all have a fun weekend creating, uploading, and watching bytes. Look out for an email tomorrow with instructions.

To future testers who’ve been waiting patiently to be selected, we’re doing everything we can to ensure that beta test #3 won’t be too long after!

We want to thank you all for your kind words and understanding while we took a step back to spend time with family and friends. It was much needed for us to reflect and reconnect with what really matters. We feel so fortunate to have this community to draw strength from and we’re more motivated than ever to make you proud.

*byte team

115 Likes

This is awesome! I can’t wait for the rerun, and I hope you guys can have a successful time recovering and also planning for the future.

Thanks for the update cami! :heart:

19 Likes

Thanks for the update! can’t wait for the future of byte, you guys are the best of the best!

18 Likes

The update is brilliant, thank you <3 The re-run will be fun, and I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with during this test :smiley:

16 Likes

Good to have you back, is the rerun going to be with the exact same people?

13 Likes

Yes, the test rerun will be with the same people; new testers will be added to test #3. We’ll announce as soon as we have a date.

30 Likes

something is coming just unreal

12 Likes

Truly epic. Love u guys!!! :heart:

14 Likes

Thanks for everything guys! We all know how hard the team is working on this app and we’re all excited for it! :heart: :smile:

15 Likes

Awesome :star_struck::call_me_hand:t4:

10 Likes

That last paragraph made me tear up. We really appreciate y’all. And hope you’re doing okay. :heart:
Also a beta 2.5 sounds like a lot of fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Thank you for the update

10 Likes

Hope you guys take the rest you need. If you need guys need any help socially, mentally and spiritually - We(fans of byte) are here for you in the discord. Just pop back and say hi! We will all be waiting. :heart: :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

awesome :green_heart:

12 Likes

This is gonna be great! We love you guys! Hope beta test 2.5 goes well & hopefully I can apply for beta test 3 in the future! Byte’s gonna be amazing when it comes out! :sparkles::sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

glad to see you guys back, rest in peace Jacob, your work will be remembered <3

12 Likes

I’m glad this was out! I appreciate this very much. Glad you guys are well. BETA HYPE

10 Likes

cant wait until we raid area 51 in 6.5 seconds.

13 Likes

Thank you for this update. We love you guys and we know how hard you are working on this app. Thank you again for this and I can’t wait to hear more announcements from you guys.

9 Likes

glad to see you guys back! can’t wait for the rerun and eventually test 3 :grin: love you guys

9 Likes