the byte community forums

Advice on being funny and confident on byte

Honestly, the best advice I have is to just be yourself.

I made some videos that I would generally find funny and some that were not my usual type of humour. When I showed them to my siblings, they found the ones where I was being myself a lot funnier. This is because I was more comfortable and confident when filming those videos.

11 Likes

Imma also use all this advice on byte :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Im nervous too, ill use this advice

7 Likes

:point_up_2:Basically everything @TomWho said above :point_up_2:

My biggest fear is not being discovered/ supported. Knowing that I’m making good content but the spotlight never shines my way. And I have other friends who feel the same way too.
I take it one day at a time and only worry about what I can control.
But those feelings still happen…

9 Likes

Don’t make being discovered or getting famous the focus. Just make good content that you’d enjoy and have fun doing it. If you’re good at it and people like what you’re creating, you’ll reap the rewards. If not, at least you’re having fun and making yourself laugh. :slight_smile:

99.99% of the people who want to “get famous” will never get famous, so instead set realistic goals. Make 10 short videos that make your friends laugh their asses off (if you’re doing comedy). Or create a serial sketch comedy show and make it the best you can. If it’s good, people will respond. If not, oh well, you had fun doing it and probably made some new friends along the way.

Basically, don’t focus on the fame and adulation, focus on the creative process and having fun.

7 Likes

Gotchu fam, here’s my guide I made a while back on how to have confidence in yourself :blush:

6 Likes

We’re all nervous, remember that. Just be yourself and do what you enjoy. That’s the key to success.

7 Likes

I am jumping in with both feet. Blind folded. Do I know what I’m doing? No. Will I have fun doing it? Of course!! I can’t wait to start. I know that it will take time to improve. Looking back, my first videos will probably be ultimate cringe. But I’ll keep pushing to better myself. One suggestion: don’t read the comments. There is almost always one hater. But know I’ll be there to support you, ALL of you, throughout our time on Byte!

6 Likes

:pleading_face::heart: thank you

1 Like

Of course!

1 Like

Actually, you gotta read the comments. Interacting with those who leave comments can turn them into fans, and they really like when you interact with them. That means learning how to ignore the haters and giving more attention to the lovers. Part of the “job.” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s also true. I guess I didn’t have any advice lol

2 Likes

I’m saving this whole thread, because I’m self conscious too :sob: don’t worry my friend. We will be the greatest some day :sneezing_face::clap:t5:

2 Likes

we will one day

The best part is that we have a head start on everyone else coz we’ll be the first to hear about it and make good content

1 Like

Start Instagram rn and start posting your videos on there.trust me you’ll regret it when byte comes out and you suck

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s actually much advantage to being early on an app like Byte. On Vine, lots of people who got started more than a year after it launched gained huge followings, like Lele Pons.

If you have some talent and produce content people want to see, you’ll gain a following no matter when you get started on an app.

2 Likes

I second this, well said

1 Like

First off, don’t do comedy you don’t wanna do. Do something that you will find funny. Also, a friend of mine told me that it’s better to try to do what you have in your head immediately or whenever you have the time. It makes things so much more natural my guy, and makes things much funnier.

3 Likes

Best advice is to not care what people think and don’t ever hold back if you wanna post something you feel is funny. There’s always gonna be haters and just gotta do it once or twice and you’ll get used to it

1 Like