the byte community forums

A question about memes (a serious one)

Do you guys think memes have evolved into something new, or we just grew up and find things funny now that in the past we now find to be cringe?

13 Likes

they definitely evolved. download%20(2)

16 Likes

memes have pretty much grown with our generation, as we evolve, so do they, which is why I think nobody older than millennials really get them. we’ve kinda trained ourselves to laugh at this dumb shit lmaoo

9 Likes

We just talking about this at my jorb. As a person who has to monitor network traffic, memes have evolved to such a point where people are learning that meme “characters” are actually in movies, tv shows, etc and not just this random person who dressed up to take a photo.

It’s actually quite hilarious to read some of the comments that people pass back and forth as their cultural horizons expand. It’s almost as funny to me as kids who say “They wrote a book about Harry Potter?”

9 Likes

I think memes now have just reached a format. Like its telling a different story with the same picture. Like the drake meme is one of the most well known,you can tell endless memes in it and can do the same with many others. Memes are less dank aswell. And reid is right look at 2011 memes and memes now they evolved so much since then :sunglasses:

4 Likes

They have evolved along with us.

2 Likes

its kinda like a new language we’ve developed

5 Likes

Good meme

4 Likes

Memes evolve with the current human condition. Currently they’re completely overcooked due to global warming.

2 Likes

I grew up

2 Likes

It depends on the person’s tolerance to humor I think (if that’s a thing, I don’t know) for example, you seen something really funny yesterday and if you look at it today, it doesn’t bring the same amount of laughs because it already grew over you and you just find it boring

3 Likes

3 Likes